Sunday, January 10, 2010

What happened?

I have 2.5 flex points left and three activity points. I am not sure how it happened. It just did, and it happened fast. Today was my friend's birthday party. It started with ice skating at the Depot (which I am surprisingly decent at) and then off to Grumpy's for dinner and cake. I had eaten at Grumpy's before and figured I would get a salad but instead opted for their vegan chili and asked for wheat not white toast (much to the chagrin of my friends who rolled their eyes while I made this request). I had a giant platter of hot cheesy tater tots, jalapeno poppers, french fries and chips and I resisted. I was asked again and again what drink I would like to have and I said water. My chili came and went and I allowed myself 3 tots. We decided to play darts and I ordered a hot toddy because I thought I could "afford to" and it was delicious and wonderful and I savored it until the end. Then it was time for cake where someone brought me my own piece of cake. I held it, looked at it, tried to offer it to other people and then left it on one of the table's the party had reserved and started to walk away when some girl said "But that piece was cut just for you" "Yeah, but I'm not really hungry" "Oh, but it's SO good." And I just walked away. When we left Grumpy's I felt pretty amazed and proud of myself but then I went to my friend Lindsey's and I just felt voracious. Over the course of four hours I ate 2 oranges, a serving of pretzels, and a small bowl of cereal. Even though these choices could be construed as being healthy, I didn't really have the points for it. I am going to have to be a saint over these next few days. I just need to remember that just because I may use up all my points for the week, that does not mean I have blown it or should give up or should eat and eat and eat because all hope is not lost. I will be triumphant!!!

In other news I start improv classes on Monday and I am really, really excited.

1 comment:

nic said...

improv class!?! That's awesome!

Second, days when I stay up/stay out too late, I always feel like a failure. But it makes sense that if you're up an extra 4 hours, you're going to want to eat again.

That is why I'm a hermit and I say no to all invitations out. Hahha.