Saturday, January 16, 2010

Goaaaaallllll!

My goal of being at 135 by March 11th may just materialize. I lost 4 lbs in my first week which is probably the largest loss I've ever had and marks an excellent beginning. With that jump start I now only need to lose 1.2 lbs per week to reach my goal. I feel like I'm back in my "game" in terms of where I need to be mentally to pull this off. Certain foods are off limits to me right now and I don't resent that fact or feel any remorse. I just know it is off limits and that is that. I realize that making goals has been a great motivator and it's providing a gentler next step for me. The last 6 months I have been thinking "I have to get to 135" and I fail. Now I think "I have to get to 142 so I can dye my hair." That feels doable. So here are my goals/rewards.

142 - Dye hair and eyebrow wax
139 - OMG shoes - Onitsuka Tigers
137 - OMG shoes - Oxfords
135 - Allowed to buy clothes again

I usually only buy one - two pairs of shoes for myself every year so this seems like a very luxurious reward, 2 pairs of shoes in (hopefully) two months. Just what I need to stay motivated. Plus I will be saving a lot of money by not allowing myself to buy a single piece of clothing until I reach goal.

I am allowing myself two much needed purchases that will bring me closer to my goal - new tennis shoes and a heart rate monitor.

PS. I went cross country skiing for the first time today. It was beautiful and fun but I fell twice and it HURTS. I will now reside to my bed and watch episodes of Parks and recreation.

Do you have any rewards planned for when you reach your weight loss milestones?

1 comment:

nic said...

YES!! I am so excited for you! And proud of you! You're doing a great job!