Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekend Update

So I realize that my blogs are pretty frantic with many grammatical and spelling errors. I don't have the internet at home so typically my "blogging" consists of stream of conscious entries crammed in between tasks at work consisting of whatever worrisome thoughts are bothering me to get them out of my system so I can move on to the next task and feel a little better. However, having this system lacks any introspective nature, which I think I need to keep motivating myself.

I have been in a lurch. I feel overextended, I can't exercise, work is stressful, blah blah blah and I've been falling back into my old habits of eating to make myself feel better and a bad new habit of also drinking wine to make myself feel better. It's not productive and I'm hitting that wall where I can see I am really starting to put on some of the pounds. Seeing that photo of me was a good snap out of it kind of moment, but I woke up this morning and for the first time for a long time I said to myself "I am really going to do this". Coincidentally, I met with my friend Sara and she invited me to join her meltdown team at the Y. I know it will be a lot to juggle with volunteering at KFAI, work, friends, relationship, etc. but this is just the kick in the pants that I need. Plus, other people will also be accountable, and sadly, I am better at doing things for other people, than for myself. My birthday is coming soon and I owe it to myself to feel happy and healthy and vibrant.

I have also been so, so good about doing all of my physical therapy exercises and it's really working. So cheers to that.

1 comment:

nic said...

YAY! I really wanted to do that meltdown thing last year - it's essentially everything we already do for WW!!!

Please let me know what I can do to help/support you. I'm nearby or a phone call away.

I'm even willing to walk in the cold!

We're both trying to lose about the same amount now, so it could be easy to support each other.