Friday, February 27, 2009

Malaisy

Blarg! I have used up all my extra points. I have one left. Poop. And this is even after upping it. I know it's a work in progress, but it's hard not to get discouraged and I don't have the cushion of activity points that I had before. I would usually get around 15 of those a week. Poop, poop, poop. And now that it's too late, I'm like "That's okay, I'm not really hungry! I take it back! I want to lose weight!" but it's too late and I can't retroactively knock that second beer from my hand or take the crutons from those salads, or those few potato chips, or having a whole english muffin with cream cheese instead of a half. I can name all the exact points where I ate things and it wasn't worth it, it was just to eat. If I had done those moments over I would have saved myself 14 points and feel confident about where I am for the week, but I guess this is the mindset that I need to get back into, that I've failed to get back into. That there are consequences and I have to be held accountable for everything I put in my mouth. Okay, enough of being a negative nelly. Here are the things I did right.

1. I tracked everything, every single day, for the first time in months.
2. I drank all of my water. Lemon wedges are the secret I tell you.
3. It's Friday, and although I am close to going over, I have not. Usually I would have by now.
4. I added more vegetables to all of my meals.
5. I cooked some food for the whole week - Tempeh Stuffed Red Peppers- which are divine.
6. I've kept my fridge stocked with fruits and vegetables.

These are all good things. Next week well be better. Tonight I am going over to Anders house for dinner, tomorrow I am going to a potluck and out to the bar. I feel weird about both of these situations and fear that I will really, really blow it.

Rats.

1 comment:

nic said...

Your positives are FANTASTIC. It's so hard to track, especially when you know you've eaten when it wasn't worth it.

There have been a lot of times that I just pretend it didn't happen and go about tracking the stuff that I was proud of, like the other stuff didn't happen. It's a horrible habit, so you should be proud to have tracked it all!

That's so awesome!