Thursday, February 5, 2009

Derailed!

So after seeing that picture I hopped on the train to healthy town. I made a bunch of food for the week, have said no to all sweets, and was doing pretty well with slight indulgences. Then I went to Chipotle and thought I was being healthy by getting soft shell tacos with just a little black bean, a little chicken, lettuce, corn and salsa.

I looked up the nutrition info after and it added up being 675 calories and 14 points!!! Apparently their tortillas are really bad for you. I had no idea and am now over my points for the week. I smite thee Chipotle!

Anders and I made plans to go on a walk this afternoon so I feel less remorseful about my lunch time decision. We are in it together this time and are cooking very healthy meals together and giving each other little cues to be healthier. Like we went to a birthday party and he was going to have a second piece of cake and I caught his eye and shook my head and he put it back down. We are also telling eachother what we ate that day, which I actually think is kind of fun?

Plus I forgot to take the pill one day this week and now I am getting a full scale period in the middle of the month to pay for it. Lame.

Oh and my radio piece aired and I got a lot of good feedback, which is great. I really like volunteering at KFAI. I just had to rerecord some of the narration. If you want to check it out you can find it here:

http://www.kfai.org/archive/02/4/2009

Look for the 2/4/09 news broadcast. My story is about 23 or so minutes in.

Oh, and I've been really good with my physical therapy. I'm too young to walk with a limp and not be allowed to bike. I really need to fight to get better. So, I am definitely on an upswing and hoping to keep this positivity coming.

No comments: