Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Joanna is Unlovable!


I spent the entire morning reading the comics "Tammy Pierce is Unlovable" and eating a delicious breakfast and doing all of my stretches and listening to Electrelane in my sunny bedroom. It was wonderful.

I realized that one of the reasons I probably feel so hungry so often is that I have a bad habit of eating mostly the same foods for months at a time and am realizing that part of feeling satiated is providing variety and flavor, so I am really trying to mix it up. I also realized that I was eating little to no fat in my diet and am trying to increase my fat intake just a little bit, which will help me feel fuller. I think it's working. For breakfast I had:

Light Multi-Grain English Muffin 1
Light Cream Cheese 1
1 Slice Turkey 1
Tomato and Cucumber 0
1 Cup Grapes 1

It was the perfect breakfast and I still feel really satisfied. Is this boring? I just think I need to think about things like this and take it into account or else I won't pay as much attention to the foods my body needs, and then get hungry and overeat. Oh, weight loss, you are monotonous sometimes.

I have some questions for my Weight Watcher friends:
1. Do you own a scale or do you weight yourself at the Y? If you own a scale is there one you recommend?

Between 2 different scales I am somewhere between 144.6 and 141 pounds. Even if I weight myself on the same scale at the Y it seems really inconsistent at times. I think I am at 143 actually but it's hard to tell.

2. Do you have a favorite stand-by easy to make recipe?

3. What do you normally do for lunches?

4. How do you stay motivated?

5. When I get really stressed at my office I have a bad habit of grazing all day. How do you snap out of it?

These are my questions.

It's Tuesday and I'm feeling super motivated. I have to say that gaining a little weight made a big difference, I'm feeling a lot more motivated to lose then when my weight was stable.


2 comments:

nic said...

1. Do you own a scale or do you weight yourself at the Y? If you own a scale is there one you recommend?

- I own one, but try to only WI at my meeting now. I have a Tanita Scale/body fat/water volume scale from Target. I don't think the bodyfat thing really works though.

2. Do you have a favorite stand-by easy to make recipe?

-If you have a crockpot, the super easy do nothing recipe I love is taking a jar of salsa, a package of chicken breasts and a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) and throwing them all in there. Turn it on - Low- for about 6-8 hours while you're at work and you come home and you can make super awesome tacos, salad, blah blah. It's sooo delish. The chicken just shreds. Mmmmm.

3. What do you normally do for lunches?

-It varies every day. If I'm even hungry I usually eat a sandwich and some cottage cheese, or sometimes if I'm home I'll make an omelette because that always sounds good.

4. How do you stay motivated?

-I obviously don't.

5. When I get really stressed at my office I have a bad habit of grazing all day. How do you snap out of it?

-When I start to realize I'm just eating to eat, I try to start tracking it. When I start to see the points add up, it makes me really nervous, anxious and guilty. That's not necessarily that most positive way to solve it, but it usually does work... at least for a few hours.

Nadooo said...

1. Do you own a scale or do you weight yourself at the Y? If you own a scale is there one you recommend?

I own a scale and weigh myself at home once or twice a week. My Wii fit board weighs me too and they seem to be fairly close. There's also a big dog scale at work next to our water cooler and sometimes I can't help but step on it. I usually weigh a few pounds more on the dog scale. My home scale is a Taylor digital glass scale. I bought it for it's simplicity since it does nothing more then tell you how much you weigh.

2. Do you have a favorite stand-by easy to make recipe?

I love quesadillas. Crisp up a couple of tortillas and layer them with spinach, tomatoes, refried black beans, grilled chicken, avocado, spinach, salsa, etc. Nutritious and delicious!

3. What do you normally do for lunches?

I almost always eat the same thing. Turkey sandwiches on low cal wheat bread with spinach and mustard, a can of light soup, string cheese, baby carrots, apple sauce, or sugar free pudding. Sometimes I bring chopped fruit or hummus and pita.

4. How do you stay motivated?

I don't know...I think blogging actually helps. Setting stupid little mini goals for myself on a weekly or monthly basis. Also, replacing old ill-fitting clothes with new, smaller ones is a nice ego-boost.

5. When I get really stressed at my office I have a bad habit of grazing all day. How do you snap out of it?

I just try to keep a large variety of healthy snacks at the office and drink LOTS of water. I always think it's sort of easier there because I don't have my whole kitchen available to me. I only eat what I bring and not co-workers chocolate out of candy dishes any more, so if I bring a bag of grapes and some sliced cucumbers then that is my snack or I can go hungry.