Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday, Monday

Well, WW update - I was so good last week except for one night of abandon. I'm really proud of myself because normally I would be worse. This week will be better. Meltdown has been a wonderful motivator and I am so glad Sara and I are on a team together because we really want to support each other through this and are more into it to get healthy then to compete. I'm glad. I feel like I have my self-control again.

Emotionally I've been very up and down, I think it has to do with it being February and the hugely stressful project I have going on at work. Right now I'm feeling pretty good.

Anders and I celebrated V-day on Friday since he worked all day Saturday. He brought me three roses and a homemade card, which was super funny and charming and sweet. Then off we went to the Sample Room where we did a wine flight and ate delicious food and joked around and talked a lot about bad men's haircuts of past and present. Then we saw the Wrestler which was incredible and I would highly recommend it. We came home and watched the V-day episode of Oprah which was pretty funny. It was perfection.

I weigh in today, feeling a little excited/nervous. Anders has already lost four pounds, I'm really proud of him. He lost 30 lbs last year, to gain it all back and is working really hard to get back to his low weight. His roommate just got a Wii fit so he has been exercising a lot. I'm excited to try it. I also made it to the Y three times last week, which I have not done in..forever.

Here is a recipe for Lentil Soup I made last night. It's really good, filling, easy. I had it for lunch with some fat free feta and a light English Muffin and it was perfection.

  Title: SPICY LENTIL SOUP
Categories: Soups, Usenet
Yield: 4 servings

1 lb Lentils, washed
8 c Water
1 Celery stalk, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 Carrot, sliced
2 c Diced tomatoes
4 Garlic cloves,
-diced (or less)
2 t Cayenne
2 t Chili powder
1 t Cumin
Salt (to taste)

Put all the ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
Cook for about 45 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir occasionally;
you will also need to add water during this 45 minutes.

Edit to the recipe! - I add an entire bag of baby spinach to it so I can
get in more veggies. It's perfection.

1 comment:

Nadooo said...

Yum! That soup sounds good!