Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Up, up and away

So much has happened over the last month or two. Basically it was decided that my knee was not the problem and that the last 6 - 7 months of endless stretching, copays, and physical therapy sessions were a waste. The good news is that it was determined that the problem is my ankle and we are working to improve it. The pain has improved A LOT. I can sleep at night and don't feel like one leg weighs 100 lbs more than the other. I'm slowly easing back into exercise and have started doing personal training at the Y. I have a weight lifting routine that I really like and for the first time in ages I look forward going to the Y because I don't just have to walk slowly/backwards on the treadmill. Hurrah. I'm up to 147.5, which sucks, because that's a 7.5 lb gain since August, but considering that physically I was very limited, it makes me feel less bad. However, I feel like I'm back on the road to recovery because I finally have options again that felt like they were missing so long.

I feel like this is what I write in every blog, but I have faith that I can really hunker down and do it. I have support from Anders and my friend Maddie, I can do physical activity again, I am not so insanely busy and have time to cook, and I'm just in that place where I can say no to things.

A brownie came with my salad today and I left it on the plate. The owner of the business noticed and said "So that's how you stay so trim." It felt really good.

I do think one of my challenges is kind of feeling like I'm in it alone...I'm considering doing meetings over lunch break, but we'll see.

Here are some of my fitness goals. I'd like to get down to 135 lbs and I would like to be able to do a push up. That's right, after 8 months with no strength training or intensive cardio, I cannot even do an on my knees girl push up. I am like an unmolded lump of clay who will be carved into some sort powerful Norse God.

That's all folks.

No comments: