Friday, July 24, 2009

Benched- Warning: Angry post.

I am feeling really frustrated. After a really great work out Wednesday I felt so confident and strong and back on the road to recovery. The last two nights though my leg has been really, really hurting. I called my physical therapist and I've been benched. Agh! It just sucks. Feeling so empowered and then having it taken away. And it's hard for me not to feel angry- angry at my body, angry at the physical therapists who misdiagnosed me and took hundreds of my dollars and hours of my time with zero benefit. I'm starting at zero again, and although it's going better than it did the first time around, I'm not going to be all better, which was my unrealistic and very optimistic expectation.

The worst part is that my leg is a phantom malady. It isn't a specific problem but several different problems including a bad ankle, uneven hips, stiff heels, and extremely, freakishly tight muscles so it's so hard to identify what causes what pain, what to avoid. I don't know why it hurts so much today - is it the yoga I did on Tuesday, overdoing physical therapy stretches, the way I sit at work, my crappy sandals, my warm up, carrying too much at work (literally, boxes, etc), the way I slept last night?

I should probably just track the pain the way I track my points and look for patterns. Just one more thing.

No comments: