Monday, August 3, 2009

August Goals

Here are my goals for August:

1. Make it the gym 12 times this month - I'll get $20 off my fees if I accomplish this, plus I think it's just a good goal to have.

2. Keep up my strength training twice a week - I've been able to do this so far. I really enjoy it and feel confident on the weight machines. Plus, yesterday I found a muscle I didn't have before. It is very cute and tiny and I'm excited to keep noting progress.

3. Get back on my bike - I have technically been allowed to be on for months, but for some reason I feel scared and apprehensive to ride again. It's been a year since I was told I had to stop riding and getting back on seems daunting. A lot of this is linked to my bike accident and how much I've had to think about it lately because of physical therapy. Agh. So, the first step (because I am paranoid) is making Anders look at it to make sure it is in tip-top shape before I go on my ride and schedule a very small and doable little trip with a friend so that I am accountable.

4. Do a major "spring" cleaning. My old roomate is moving out and my friend Krista is moving in. I want to finish my room, hang some pictures, put up shelving, clean out all of our closets and storage and, hopefully, get rid of a lot of junk.

5. Lose 2 lbs. I think this is doable. That would put me at 143.6.

6. Track Every Week.

7. Do my physical therapy exercises 5 times a week. These are a very easy thing to procrastinate and some weeks I am good, some weeks I am bad. 5 would be good and the days where I have no time won't make me feel so guilty.

Feeling optimistic!

No comments: