Friday, May 1, 2009

Hello out there

Hello my two friends in weight watcher land.

So I am getting back on the weight watchers wagon more or less. I tracked everything one week, came within my points and lost 1.5 lbs. But then fell off the wagon. This week I've been back on the wagon, tracking everything and not feeling super jazzed about how I look. I keep buying clothes but am realizing that the problem is not the clothes, it's how I feel about my body. Despite the fact that I am still 12 lbs less than I was this time last year, I do not feel good about how I look. Even when I'm losing weight, I've also been losing muscle and I can feel it. Problem is that most of the things I've been trying make my knee hurt, so I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place.

I started ignoring my body all winter and now that spring is here, I'm definitely feeling more self aware. I am going to be a copycat and make goals for this month.

1. Track everything for the month of may.
2. Try to get 10 activity points a week (I can only do low impact exercise = low activity points)
3. Try and get Yolanda in touch with physical therapist so they can outline a reasonable weight training plan. I would like to get this accomplished by next week. 5/07
4. Do better at monitoring leg pain so I can get a better idea of what's causing it.
5. See Acupuncturist for leg pain.
6. Get rid of a lot of clothing - I'm overwhelmed by all my clothing that makes me feel less than fabulous. I need to pare down my wardrobe to the things that make me feel really great. I want to try and get rid of 20 items. I think that's a good goal.
7. Buy new running shoes.
8. Cook a meal for the week every weekend.


I think these are good.

1 comment:

nic said...

You should take everything out of your dresser/closet/hamper/floor and try it ALL on.

Everything.

Look in the mirror from every angle. If you don't feel excellent about it, get rid of it.

You might find stuff that you havent' worn in a while that you love again, new outfits, etc.