Wednesday, January 13, 2010

But I am trying to be good!

http://jo19.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/renoir-luncheon-at-the-boating-party.jpg
Eat, drink, and be merry


My greatest challenge in weight loss is social gatherings, drinking, and overall FUN. I know this is something that my pal Nicole has blogged about in the past and I've realized that it is probably my greatest hurdle to weight loss. For example, my boyfriend and I had talked about seeing a movie on Thursday. I agreed. My plan the entire time has been to go to my Drums Alive class at the Y and then to go to the movie after. Well I mentioned that to him and he was a little upset "I thought we could go get dinner before hand, c'mon it would be FUN!" What?! did someone say fun? I love FUN!!! I politely declined and instead I am going meet him after my class to go directly to the movie. Not as fun, but less expensive and more responsible than FUN. I have also been avoiding making any plans before 7 pm on weekdays so that I never have an excuse not to go to the gym.

Then today I got an invitation to go to a friend's pie potluck. I love pie. I really do. Eating pie definitely falls under the category of FUN, but I said no on that invitation knowing that it would be my undoing and lead to a week of being disappointed in myself and losing the momentum that I have been building.

Yup. I am trying to be good although it may not always be fun.

EDIT - We are going to get dinner before the movie after all, but we are picking a later show so I can work out and then we are going to eat at Ruby Tuesday's (2 for 1 coupon/thought it might be funny) which has a huge salad bar. FUN!

No comments: